Investigator from Haiti

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hola Famila,


Well, another week gone! It has been quite the week indeed, probably one of the fastest in all of my mission. Things started out on Tuesday, and yes I was in the bathroom with Elder Falslev. When I got this wierd feeling of dizziness. I thought that I was about to faint or something, but I tried to play it off cool and just keep walking. But then when we got back into the hall everyone started saying earthquake earthquake, everybody out! So we went outside and all the trees were swaying every which way. Even the parked cars in the parking lot were rocking back and forth. It was the wierdest feeling ever, it feels like you are just dizzy and you feel like you are going to fall over. It all lasted for about a minute and a half.


Then we all got into the changes meeting. And to everybody's surprise they called me to be AP. I still don't believe it. I thought that being a zone leader was stressful. Now my comp and I have to help President plan everything for the mission, give capacitations every week. Receive reports from the zone leaders, and a lot more. And baptize every week still. And yes we still work in the field like normal missionaries. I am in an area called Campestre Aragon. It is here behind the Temple. We live in a big building on the corner of the street Camino Sur and Camino del Triunfo "A". It is a pretty nice house. The mission house is in Tecamachalco, it is about an hour away from here. Last Thursday we had to go and have a planning meeting with President. We ate a nice egg and bacon breakfast that Sister Hicken had cooked for us, then after she made us ribs and mashed potatos!! It was the best.


My companions name is Elder Jordan. He is from New Mexico. He reminds me of Ethan, haha super tall! He is 6 foot 3, so I look like a shrimp next to him. But we are getting along great and I am learning alot of things from him. Every day I learn more and more about what is an assistant. We are having alot of success here, Every day we find elect people who have been prepared to hear the Gospel. I can't wait to see what Elder Jordan and I can do here, the are is awesome!!


I love being back in the City and I'm pretty sure that I will finish my mission here in my area. My comp finishes his the same time as Elder Falslev, 6 weeks before me. Anyways, the city is still the crazy city and every day, we see people just doing crazy things! I love it! I'm sure that I will miss it all some day!


Today we went to a place called Tepito to buy an Elder a suit who didn't have one. The mission gave us money and we had to go buy it. Suposedly it is a really dangerous place were people always get robbed and mugged but nothing happened to us. All of the stuff there is really cheap because most of it is robbed or stolen. But it didn't seem too dangerous, we didn't see anything out of the ordinary.


Be sure to tell Grandpa Spackman and the new baby Happy Birthday for me. That's good that Steph could finally have the baby!! Anyways I gotta go, Sorry for no pictures still, I will try to remember my camera next week!! I love you guys! Thanks for all of the support!!


Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment