Investigator from Haiti

Monday, October 10, 2011

Family!
Hey everybody!! Another week down and gone here in the work. It is always so surprising to see how fast the weeks pass by. Tomorrow I will have a year in Mexico, woo! Hahaha but it feels like I have been here longer than that. Everything just feels so weirrd here in the mission! It all feels like one big dream.

So changes also have come and past and well, me and Falslev still aren't comps. I got a new zone leader, I have to show him how everything works. His name is Elder Reyes. He has been really cool so far. But he also is going home soon. He has the same time as Soza, so in December he is going home. I will probably be the one that kills him, (his last comp). I am pretty sure that I will be here until December or February.

Me and my comp worked really hard this week and we seen a lot of blessings as well. Although the baptism of Carolina didn't work out, we still had success this week. Carolina still has trouble with the whole Joseph Smith thing, so she said she needs more time. We invited her to the church again but she didn’t go. We will probably drop her. This week when me and my comp were planning we said a prayer to know exactly where to work the next day. We then picked a street and the next day went to work there. We were contacting peeps and knockin’ doors there when I seen a house where me and Soza had once went to teach an older couple. We had dropped them because the guy there couldn't stop smoking. We decided to visit them again and much too our surprise, the guy there (jose luis) had just gotten out of the hospital the day before! He had a heart problem, and now has to stop smoking. We shared a message with them and once again put a baptismal date with them for the 23rd. They are excited and progressing again. This week we also received a reference from the Bishop, it is a family of 4. The Mom and the kids are really interested and the Dad so-so. We also have put a baptismal date with them for the 23rd. The only real challenge with them will be to get them married. But we had a good day in Church, all in all we had 8 investigators there and they are all progressing for the 23rd of this month.

Well not to much else is new. Elder Garcia is training again, and got moved over by where I started my mission. Elder Falslev also got moved up to Zone Leader. He is really excited, He is in the Zone Tulancingo. Maybe some day we will end up as comps,who knows.

How is the weather back home? I'm sure it is getting colder, it is getting colder here too. Some days I have to use a sweater. I heard that there is a hurricane somewhere on the Gulf, so right now we are getting rain. It has rained the last 3 days. Let me know what happens to the cows this week! Well I gotta go! Thanks for all the emails! Love you guys!

Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment