Investigator from Haiti

Monday, March 28, 2011








Hola Familia,

Well how has everyone been this week? I'm sure that Lacey is in love with her car by now haha. This week went pretty good for us too! The weeks are passing by really fast now, before we have time to think it is already Sunday. But ya today we were able to go to the pyramids, I sent you guys a few pics. I guess the biggest is named the pyramid of the sun, then the second biggest the moon, and all the others are the stars. Kind of like the plan of salvation eh! All the Mexicans think that the Lamanites were the Mayas and Aztecas. And they think that Quetzlequat was Jesus when he came to the Americas. It would be really interesting to study out and stuff but we can't use the internet. I took a bunch of pics but I sent you guys some of the best ones. Oh and before I forget, ya I took out 80 bucks the other day, and another 50 today. I used it when we went to the Centro to buy a sweet jersey, then today I bought some cool stuff there at the pyramids.

The work is also going really good. This Sunday we baptized another Family. The Delgado Briones Family. It was the Dad, the Mom and the daughter who is 8 years old. They also have another son but he is six still. They were super ready to receive the Gospel, they accepted everything and didn't have any problems. They were so happy after their baptisms, and the Family Solis ( who we baptized about 3 weeks ago, stayed to watch the baptisms, they are going strong too!! Haha they even gave me a wallet for my birthday) But ya anyways. After the baptisms we went to their house and ate with them. It was really cool because the first Sunday that they went to church the wife put her name on the food list. And what do you know, their baptisms happened to fall on the same day! It was really sweet!!

Well yesterday we received quite the news! My son is already all grown up and is leaving the house. Yup haha he has transfers tomorrow, we don't know why exactly because transfers aren't for 3 more weeks. But we'll find out tomorrow, I will be staying here in Azteca and will be gettin a new comp, I hope he is a good one! Elder Garcia is a little bummed, I think he wanted to stay longer because we have had such good success. In our cycle and a half together we have had 12 baptisms! The Lord has really blessed us, thanks for all of your prayers and everything!

Today was really cool at the pyramids; there is a lot of history there. And the pyramids are super big!! I don't know how anyone could build such things without the technology that we have now days. They are still excavating there and finding a bunch of new things. Today I bought me this coat thing there but it is super Mexican haha! I also bought me a blanket that has some pretty sweet designs on it. I think for now I'm gonna lay off on buying stuff because my suitcases are already gonna be full haha.

I'm pretty excited for the General Conferences to come around. It will be cool to be watching the same thing as you guys, I'm sure there are gonna be some great talks. I hope that we can find some investigators to go. I think I am gonna try to watch it in English, it's just not the same when someone is translating it. It's not as powerful haha. But anyways the Conference is gonna be dizope!

Oh and I got your package this week!! Thanks for all of the food haha. Elder Garcia really liked his tie, he says thanks!! I will have to start the teeth things this week, I hope that they work good, I'm sure they were expensive. It was a good week this week haha. Even though I am far from home, there are some really good people here that make me feel at home! For my birthday at the top of the Pyramid some members gave me a hostess cake thing for my birthday and we ate it on top of the pyramids. It was cool.
All is well here in Mexico! I hope that your trip to St. George goes good, I'm pretty jealous that I don't get to go. I'm sure the weather will be a lot like it is here haha hot!! But take care and have a good time!! Tell everybody hi for me. Love you all, gotta run!

Elder Bean Bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment