Investigator from Haiti

Monday, January 10, 2011

Hola Familia,

Well this week has went by pretty fast. I hope all is well back home and everyone can recooperate from the all the Holidays. All the kids had to go back to school today so I imagine that it is the same there. No more Christmas break haha.

Well we ended up not baptizing Miguel yesterday. We found out that he had a problem with question 4 in the baptismal interview. So he had to meet with President Hicken before he could be cleared to be baptized. So we set up an appointment with President Hicken at 5 pm yesterday. Then yesterday Miguel wasn't in Church and we couldn't get ahold of him. We even left Church and went to his house to look for him, but he wasn't there. We found his Mom there and she didn't know where he was either. We tried calling him probably 30 different times. Then it came time to leave for Mexico to meet with Pres. but we still didn't know where in the world Miguel was. Then he texted us, and said that he had had car troubles and his phone had been dead. So we rushed to the bus station and were able to get to Mexico on time to meet with President. After the interview, President told us he was cleared to be baptized so we will baptize him this Saturday. It was a really cool experience. We did all that was possible to find Miguel but we couldn't find him. We called him, called his family, left Church and went to his house, but we couldn't get ahold of him. We finally decided that we had done all we could and we needed to have faith in the Lord. So we went back to Church and prayed for help, then right when it was time to leave for the interview we found him. God is always going to be willing to help us, but first we must show that we are willing to receive his help. First we must do all that we can do, then we can put our trust in God that all will turn out well. It was a testimony builder haha. I'm pretty sure Elder Castro is going to baptize him.

Thanks for the package it was dizope!!! It was like a Christmas at home!! It had all the things that I wanted! I had been wanting a football, and a CD Player for a while now haha. So thanks! Elder Castro is in love with the Chex mix stuff that you sent. He couldn't stop eating it, by the end of the day we had it all eaten haha. Oh and thanks for the tie haha it is sick! Elder Castro wants it but I ain't givin it to him haha. Talking with Curt was nice but I'm pretty sure it was against the rules haha oh well. Well this package had pretty much everything, I don't need one for my birthday now, but seriously I don't need anything now haha. Oh ya I sent one gift card back home but the other one I can use here in Mexico, so I kept it.

On Friday, I had an opportunity to give my first blessing in Spanish, actually my first blessing ever haha. It was really cool. And guess who it was with! Yep, Azucena, she is sick right now so we went and gave her a blessing. Haha It is pretty cool to be able to say that my first blessing was with the same person who was my first baptism.

This week we contacted a lady and she didn't want to learn more, then we crossed the street and kept going. Then later in the day we passed the same lady. But this time she stopped us and said, "here take it, take it, it's all I have." Haha she gave us 30 pesos haha, we tried to tell her no its ok you don't need to give us money but she wasn't going to let us leave without it haha. So me and Elder Castro went and ate tacos that night haha.

Well that is about it for this week. Gotta Run but I love all you guys. La Iglesia es verdadera! Peace out!

Elder Beanz

No comments:

Post a Comment