Investigator from Haiti

Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey Family,

Hey guys how is everything? Things here in Mexico are going good still and the work is picking up a little. Sounds like its not to cold back home, in the 40's in January isn't bad at all.

This week we had another baptism, it was una niña who is 14 years old. She was super shy but in the end she wanted to get baptized. I ended up baptizing her, it went really good. Well we got big news yesterday, this Tuesday is transfers. In the mission your first companion is called your dad and when you train your newbie is called your son. Well we heard Yesterday that Elder Castro will be staying here in Pachuquilla. And I, remember the whole dad/son thing, am pregnant! Yep I am going to have a son! So I have transfers, we have to go to Mexico tomorrow and I will receive my brand new, fresh out of the MTC, Mexicano Companion. I still don't know what area we will be in, we find all that out tomorrow. But, for now I will have to say farewell to Pachuquilla and Elder Castro haha. Oh well.

This week, on Friday, was my 6 month mark in the mish. And well me and Elder Castro started the tradition by burning ties. I sent some pictures, but just let me tell you a tie doesn't burn very easy! It took about 20 minutes to get the job done. And I ended up burning my finger, a piece of my tie that was burning fell off the main part of the tie and onto my finger. So I started jumping around shaking my finger saying ouch ouch, Elder Castro thought that was pretty funny!! Now I have a white burn mark on my finger.

This week we also had an Zone Activity, once again we went to a Church and played basketball and soccer. But this time I was able to put up the nets that you guys sent me haha. So it was a lot better!!! This week I also bought me a watch. I feel like Dad, all the time now I'm looking at the watches. But I bought me an orange Tommy Hilfiger watch, but I'm pretty sure it is fake it was only 11 dollars, but it looks ballin!!! Elder Castro told me it will probably stop working in about a month or two haha but I really wanted it. We'll see how long it lasts!

Another cool thing happened this week, Miguel was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood this Sunday. He asked me to do it so I got to ordain him. It was pretty cool but a little hard in Español, because the truth is is that I've never done it in English or Español! But it went good it was a cool experience.

Well not much else happened this week. I got the letter from the Kites, and today I got a bunch of emails from my friends too. I should have a lot more information next week about where I am and who I am with. So I guess I'll talk to you more next Monday. Bye love you guys!! Tell all the fam hi for me!!!

Elder Beanz

No comments:

Post a Comment