Investigator from Haiti

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hola Familia!!!

This Thursday looks like it will be the big half way point in the mish!! Haha pretty exciting!! How are things going back home? It looks like the cows are growing good, Napolean looks the biggest. Transfers meeting was just crazy! Everyone was just going everywhere! Elder Castro is training again, Elder Falslev got sent over to where I was with Saifoloi, and Elder Anderson went to Falslevs old area!! Gotta love transfers haha!!

Well this week has been just great!! I am out of Azteca and I am now here in the Stake Anuhuac! It is quite interesting haha it is just a few metro stations down from my last area so it isn't too different. My comp is Elder Soza, he is from Chihuahua Mexico, but he has lived a lot of his life in the states, I'm pretty sure his family lives there in Arizona. He has been here in the mission for about 18 months and speaks fluent English haha. Oh and did I tell you, I got bumped up to Zone Leader? Hahah it was quite the surprise. I am learning a buttload from my comp every day. This last week we had pretty good success and I only expect better this next week! Our zone has been kind of famous for not baptizing that much but we are here to change that! I am super excited to be here.

But I would have to say, the best thing about being a zone leader is definately the house that you get! Our house has 2 levels, it is pretty big. We also have a bunch of weights and stuff so maybe I can finally get some good excercise in. We also get a heck of a lot more money, I swear we have went out for tacos almost every night this week!! We also went one morning and had a mcdonalds breakfast haha. I'm really going to get fat if I keep this up haha. We also found a Walmart here close to the house so guess what we found!? Yep, the one and only Mountain Dew!!! We bought two twelve packs today haha. They cost alot more here because they are so rare it was like 10 bucks for the 12 pack.

This week in la obra misional we found a bunch of people to teach. We found alot of people that The Lord has been preparing to hear the Gospel. Some have economic problems, others, family problems, and others are just starting families and stuff like that. We are trying to help each one of them, depending on their situation. It is really something neat being able to work with another Elder who actually knows what he is doing. The work progresses so much faster and smoother.

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys that Elder Garcia is a District Leader in my zone, so I'll be the one that gets to cuss him out if he ain't doing his job haha. Other than that I don't really know any other of the missionaries here in the zone. Elder Navarro went out to Teotihuacan where Elder Castro was with the pyramids, Navarro became Senior Comp over some new American guy, he was pretty happy about that, maybe it will motivate him a bit.

Well I'm not really sure were the heck we live at, I still am learning the streets and everything. We have two wards under our dirrection, I really like it. It gives you two chances for investigatores to come on Sunday. But it kindof is a long time at Church haha. Well I hope that I answered all of your questions. I gotta run, we are pretty busy today doing a bunch of stuff. I love you guys and pray for you all the time!! Have a great week!

Elder Chambers

P.S. We have an oven there in the house, can you send me the recipe for chocolate chip cookies!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment