Investigator from Haiti

Monday, June 13, 2011




Hola Familia,

Well, another week down here in the mission, it is amazing how fast the time seems to go! Sundays come and go like nothin! Everything sounds great back at home. I can't believe that Riley is going to the Dominican Republic! That will be quite the experience over there. Has anyone else left for the mission lately?

During the week we had a great blessing. Last week we had an investigator that when we got done teaching her all the lessons she still didn't want to get baptized. So we stopped visiting her and everything, but this Thursday I got a call and it was her calling to tell us that this Sunday she wanted to get baptized!! It was sick! Because we weren't going to baptized this week but we had a miracle and we were able to baptize.

Right now we don't have that many investigators that are progressing but we have been able to baptize. This week we should have another baptism of a 15 year old girl, who has a sister that we baptized earlier here. I think the Gospel will really help her in her life. Some people in the ward that new her before said that she used to cut herself from depression, but she seems really happy with the changes in her life.

This week we also had a lesson with a pretty crazy dude! He used to work for the Mafia as a drug dealer here, but he said that he didn't like it but he couldn't get out. Then someone killed his boss so he took the opportunity and ran. He told us that he has a family of 5 and is out of work right now. He smokes marijuana just to feel better and he drinks alot too. He has had so many problems that now he doesn't even have faith in anything. We invited him to Church and told him to pray but I don't think the message really got to him. He will probably keep living that way for the rest of his life.

I did get a package this week. It had the DVDs and the papers about Quetzelcuatl. Thanks for the info it is pretty interesting to read. I haven't been able to try out the DVD yet but I'm sure it will be great! There is a lot of stuff there. I don't really need anything right now, if you send me batteries I think that rechargeable would be the way to go here in the mission because the ones we buy here only last about 3 days.

Today, me my comp and Elder Falslev and his comp all went to the downtown area. We mainly went to buy a few things. I really wanted a new suit, so what do you know, I bought me a suit. It was pretty cheap too. I bought it for about 65 bucks, it is dizope! It is dark brown pinstripe! I'll have to send you guys a pic next week. The only bad thing is is that I gotta buy brown shoes now to match but because the suit was cheap I still got some money to buy me some shoes. So that's what we did today, pretty exciting!

Not much else is going on, I seen in the papers in the street that Lebron lost again to the Mavs. Hahah I don't think that he will ever be able to win a title. All the other sport news that I know is that Mexico has been doing pretty good lately in soccer.

But that's all for this week, have a great week all of you! Always be obedient in everything that you do, all blessings come from obedience! Love you guys! Peace out!!

Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment