Investigator from Haiti

Monday, October 18, 2010

Hola Familia!!

Mexico!!!!!!!! haha Well we made it all nice and safe to Mexico!! The computers are really hard to type on so i will probably make alot of mistakes. Well we got here and two of the older Elders were at the airport. They took us to a van and drove us to the Temple that is where our President was. My first car ride in Mexico was loco loco loco!! The traffic here is by far the craziest thing!! People just go what ever speed they want including the missionaries haha. I felt like I was in fast and the furious only in a van. People also just go through red lights if no one is coming on the other side.

Then we met President Hicken, he is super cool!! Him and his wife are awesome. They had box lunches waiting for us, I was so excited cuz I hadn't eaten all day, then i opened it up and it was a piece of bread a juice box and an apple!!! What the freak! No wonder people lose weight here.

The first night we stayed at the mission home and they ordered us pizza but it is mexican dominos it tastes just a littl e off. Then the next day they took us to a restaurant we had tacos al pastor, they are a taco kind of unique to mexico city. They were amazing!! Then we met our companions. My companion is Elder Castro. He entered the MTC the same time that I did and he is already a trainer!! He is a nice guy, he is a native and speaks spanish super freaky fast, well everyone does! Some times I can understand better than other times. But he knows some English as well so that is helping with our communication. He has to do alot of the teaching, it all is so so so much different than the MTC. Our house is actually pretty nice, it is just as big as a lot of the peoples around here. We are not in the city we are in Pachuquilla, Hidalgo. Hidalgo is still pretty big tho!!

We are having trouble finding people. Me and my comp opened up the area, It had been closed for 4 months because there weren{t enough missionaries. We do a lot of contacting, we are hoping this week we do a lot more teaching and less contacting.

We go everywhere either on foot bus or taxi. The buses sometimes are super full so you just stand in the middle and hang on haha. The stores here are really wierd in Pachuquilla. Most of them are just little tiny things with food that you would buy at a gas station. 12 pesos is a dollar and all the snacks cost about 6 pesos and the drinks too. A 1 liter thing of Sprite costs 6 pesos, 50 cents. It's pretty cheap. Most things tho aren't too much cheaper than the states. We get 1100 pesos a month or about 90 bucks haha but you don't need more than that haha. Oh and for breakfast everymorinign there is a man that comes around with a big pot on the back of a motorcycle and he shouts tamales!! tamales!! And we go out and buy from him. They cost 6 pesos each and they are pretty good they have chicken in them. And that is what we have for breakfast. For la comida, or luch we eat at members homes. So far it has been nothing but good!! And they don't stop feeding you haha. But we need it cuz breakfast and dinner are pretty much nothing. Then for dinner I usually buy Churros for 2 and a half pesos each haha! They are delicious, much better than the states!!

There are also a ton of dogs in the street. We counted one day and it was 90 something different dogs in the same little area. They aren't that ugly either like I thought they would be some are pretty cool. I try to pet them haha but some think that i am going to hit them and run away haha.

Church was pretty crazy I didn't understand much. Everyone came in late but us and a few other people then right before the sacrament a ton of people just came piling in haha. We live right by some members they are really nice they give us a lot of stuff and let us use their washing machine.

Oh ya I already have the runs hahaha. It started friday I think ha it didn{t take long!! But I bought me some pepto today so we're all good to go now haha. The other day we were walking down a street and there was three guys, I'm pretty sure they were drunk haha but one was sitting in a chair facing away from us so he didn't see that we were only like 10 feet behind him and he let out the biggest fart ever hahahaaha. He was some old mexican guy haha we were laughing so hard!!

Well sorry this is such a crazy unorganized letter but there is so much to say. The Mexico City temple is amazing! I can't wait to go inside. We get to go three times our whole mission, two for each Christmas and once when we leave. I thought that we would go alot more than that but our P-Day is on Monday and the temple is closed here on Monday.

That is crazy that the ward got split. I'm sure that Dad will get put back in there sometime soon. Poor steph and wade, they are the only ones of the fam that got split up!! I don't like the whole idea of the change, if they want more numbers do a little missionary work haha.

The flight was pretty crazy as well I forgot what it was like to fly! And when we came over Mexico City, o my gosh it is so huge!! Bigger than you could ever imagine. It was so much more legit than google earth haha.

Well I better get going, that is all for this week but I can't remember everything right this minute. I hope everything is nice and cosy back in the states!! Love you guys!!!!! ¡nos vemos!

Oh ya I forgot a couple things. We were talking with a family when they were feeding us lunch and they always give you candy for dessert. And I brought up laffy taffy how it is my favorite. No one here has had it, if you haven{t already sent a package can you send some with a bag of laffy taffy so they can try it haha. Peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment